Wednesday, December 9, 2009

You think?

I know someone. A guy. This guy, X, uses this sentence on a friend and me. I'm not sure if X has used it on my other girlfriends but I know X has used this sentence so often, I now find it annoying. The sentence runs along the lines of:

"I know you, FaerieMafiya. You're still the same as always."

Uh ... you think? I may still be the same. But always draws a different line.

I've heard this song from X dozens of times. We used to be good friends but because of unforseen circumstances, we did not speak to one another for perhaps two years. After those two years, I then decided it would be good to keep in touch once again. After all, what was in the past, was in the past.

It was good. The first part of it anyway. Now X just annoys me beyond hell (if hell were annoying, that is). Everyone knows the FaerieMafiya drinks tons of Coke. So, what's new? Nothing. Exactly!

"You're still the same, FaerieMafiya. Still drinking Coke."

When the FaerieMafiya does something out of the ordinary.

"This is not the FaerieMafiya I know ..."

My dear, there are damned a lot of things you don't know about me. There are damned a lot of things I would do that you think I wouldn't.

I hate all these talk about you knowing me so well, when in actual fact, all you know is my surface. All you know is of the things I show and tell people. Don't go talking as though you know my heart on the inside when you don't even reach near there. Don't talk as though you know exactly what I would do given a situation.

You don't know me that well. And I keep it that way.

Why, you ask?

Because once upon a time, when the FaerieMafiya was still a green faerie, you took advantage of that and betrayed her trust. Who would be so stupid to trust you a second time? You did not only do it to me. You did it to so many other people. You think your two-faced attitude is kept in the dark, where people cannot see? You think everyone thinks you're an angel?

Everyone knows what you are. We need not even mention your name when speaking ill of you and others can guess that it is you.

Yes, it is that obvious.

And no matter what, you should know I am against you in all aspects. You diss my friends, I diss you. It doesn't take much to turn you into an emo-freak. You get so worked up when my girlfriends and I back one another up and go against you when all you did was diss one of us.

X would never say such a thing to me: "Shit you, FaerieMafiya ..."

I am astonished! X is capable of fighting back ... with a girl! Perhaps I went overboard, but I don't regret it. In fact, I absolutely loved the fact that I managed to draw a response as such from X. Seeing X's true colours is truly exhilirating! Seeing X get emo ... is truly satisfying.

*smiles*

2 comments: